UPDATED with details about tiebreakers that got Bunnell into the bracket and matchups.
The SWC boys' basketball tourney pairings have been announced and here are the quarterfinal matchups (better seed is the host; all games Friday, February 28 at 7 pm).
* 1 Seed Immaculate vs. 8 Seed Bunnell
* 2 Seed Kolbe Cathedral vs. 7 Seed Bethel
* 3 Seed Joel Barlow vs. 6 Seed Pomperaug
* 4 Seed Newtown vs. # 5 Seed Weston
With the three-way tie between Bunnell, Masuk, and Stratford, the first tie-breaker was records against each other in league play; they all were 1-1. The next tiebreaker was who beat the highest seed; Bunnell and Masuk both beat Newtown. That eliminated Stratford. Then the next tie-breaker is head to head and since Bunnell beat Masuk the Bunnell Bulldogs get in.
How these first-round matchups went during the regular season:
* Immaculate beat Bunnell 64-57 in overtime.
* Bethel beat Kolbe 63-54 (in OT on the road; read about the game here).
* Barlow beat Pomperaug twice (44-42 back in December and 46-31 on February 25; read about that game here).
* Newtown defeated Weston 49-36 on February 20 (on the road).
Semifinals are Monday, March 2 (at higher seed); championship is Thursday, March 5 (location to be determined). Games are at 7 pm.
The Pomperaug-Barlow winner plays the Bethel-Kolbe winner in one semifinal and the Newtown-Weston winner takes on the Immaculate-Bunnell winner in the other.